Beginning this fall we will seek to foster honest conversations through a time of holy conferencing as we share different viewpoints and explore crucial issues for living a Christ-centered life in the 21st century. These conversations will seek to create a safe, comfortable atmosphere at Galloway for open and honest, constructive conversation on how we all may embody the love and grace of God as we explore hot topic issues in today's culture. Conversations will be facilitated by lay leaders in Congregational Care, Missions and Outreach and Adult Spiritual Formation.
Together we will equip ourselves for crucial conversations through training in communication skills, the study of Biblical and educational resources,and open and honest conversation. We will provide forums for high stakes conversations to be held both through small groups, Sunday School teachings, lectures and more. As we join in this new time of holy, Christian conferencing we will together find ways to disagree without being disagreeable, time to speak and to listen, and stop to celebrate who each of us is as a unique child of God.FACILITATOR TRAINING: Saturday, August 15 and/or 29, 2015; 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; Lunch will be provided.
- Renovation of portions of the Third Floor (excluding Annex), Choir Room and areas behind the Sanctuary are virtually completed. You will notice plaster repair, new paint, vinyl flooring, and new carpet throughout
- Plaster repair, painting, and new floor installation continues on the Fourth and Fifth Floor Hallways and Sunday School Rooms.
- As of this writing, it is planned that The N. Congress Street and The Foundery parking lots will be resurfaced and restriped by the beginning of August.
- On August 3rd, work will begin in the area located on the north side of the Parlor, continuing down the steps from the Print Room to the Second Floor, the Gathering Area, Second Floor Offices and the Reception Area.
Please note which entrances to the building will remain open and which will be inaccessible beginning August 3rd:
ACCESSIBLE ENTRANCES during this phase of the renovation process are:
- Sanctuary on N. Congress St. and Yazoo St.
- South Courtyard on N. Congress St. adjacent to the Sanctuary
- Southwest Circle Drive Drop-Off on Yazoo St.
INACCESSIBLE ENTRANCES include:
- North Canopy Parking Lot across from The Foundery
- North Courtyard on N. Congress St. adjacent to the Chapel
- Fellowship Center on Mississippi St. Lower Parking Lot
Proper Signage will be posted at the entrances