MISSION STATEMENT: The Galloway United Methodist Church Children's Center grew out of an awareness of the substantial need for a downtown childcare facility in Jackson and the church's unique ability to meet this need through its central location and expanded building space. It reflects the desire of the congregation to offer a child care alternative within a church environment for the Christian nurture of children of the congregation and community. The Center is a broad-based ministry that seeks to enhance its program and enrich the lives of the families involved through related programs of education and care.
PHILOSOPHY: The Galloway Children's Center is a Christian Childcare and Pre-School program. We provide individual care in a group setting. We strive to provide an atmosphere as close to home as possible. Teachers reflect faith in God through the words they use and the way they relate to each child. Our curriculum is based on the ability and needs of each age group, each experience being the basis for learning new skills. We provide not only academic learning experiences but also many of the daily essentials which are normal in a family setting. We believe that children need a lot of "life Knowledge."
We emphasize five interrelated areas that are important for the growth of the whole child: intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual. Bible and character-building stories are presented daily. The Children's Center follows guidelines set by the National Association of Education of Young Children is planning a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate. Our program is designed with intervals of stimulation and relaxation and a balance between periods of active indoor and outdoor play, quiet play, and rest.
At Galloway Children’s Center we are committed to:
- Year Around-Full Day program which includes all activities in tuition rates--NO ADDED FEES
- No passive hours filled with TV or movies, not even on rainy days
- Music and Dance classes included in 3 & 4-year-old Preschool Curriculum
- All full-time Teachers
- Sharing God's Love and God's Word with every child every day
- Teaching all children using art, music, drama, and storytelling: Using the STEAM model
- Serving healthy, fresh vegetables and fruit with a strong emphasis on locally grown produce
- Teaching social skills and helping children understand we all live in our world together
If you need further information you may contact Sharon Patterson, our Center's Director, 601-360-1792, or you may contact, James Rosenblatt, Chairman of the Board.
The Center is open
7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m,
Monday through Friday.
Director (Sharon Patterson)
Office Hours -- 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Asst. Director (Terri Hynum)
Office Hours -- 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Upcoming Center Closing Dates:
Upcoming Special Events: